Journey2Family

A couple's journey through international adoption to becoming a family

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Waiting

I wanted to share some recent reflections I have had on this long, horrendous, challenging, painful wait. I realize that many, in fact I think I can say "most," who find their families through adoption, experience this excruciating wait. I have spoken to some who have waited 3 to 5 months and say every minute of that was excruciating. While there are others of us who can count our wait in years. It all seems so unfair, but what is fair anyway? and why does it matter? These are tough questions. I have found some consolation in the Book of Job. Job had everything and was a pious man. Then, he was struck down with a long period of horrendous suffering. He loses everything, his family is killed, his wealth demolished and he contracts a loathsome disease. He is truly in the pits. He does do plenty of whining and complaining, but never speaks against God. There are moments when he just wants to die. He gets some encouragement from friends, some of which is right on, some is not. Job calls out to God over and over. He acknowledges God's greatness and begs for an answer or explanation. God does eventually answer him and restores Job to a greatness beyond what he experienced before. Job is the best example I have seen yet of someone who waits on the Lord. There was no good explanation of what Job went through, but what is important is that he was deepened in faith and strength through his suffering, and God DID answer him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home