Journey2Family

A couple's journey through international adoption to becoming a family

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 21, 2006

Walking on Water

I have to share a reading that really touched me Matthew 14:22-33. It's the passage about Jesus walking on the water. The beginning starts with Jesus going off by himself to pray. He needed to re-charge His batteries to the source of all strength and encouragement, His Heavenly Father. then He rejoins His disciples by walking across the water to catch up to them. A miracle to be sure, but no big deal for the Son of God. The disciples are frightened upon seeing Him and He tries to calm them down. Peter asks to go out the meet Him, and Jesus says "Come." Peter bounds across the water until he realizes what is going on and becomes afraid. At that point, he begins to sink. Jesus rescues him. -- This passage expresses how I feel. I know that I am in the middle of a miracle and I am excited as Peter was to run to my Lord, yet as I realize what is happening here - I often become afraid and start to sink. Yet, I do not fail to call out to Jesus to rescue me as He always does, working miracles in and through me. He who is always there loving and supporting me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home