Journey2Family

A couple's journey through international adoption to becoming a family

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Playing after School

Here we are playing in Gull Park after school. This picture was taken by Iya, the mother of Ruslan's friend, Anton. We usually play in this park for a while after school everyday so that the boys have some time to release some of their energy. We are so blessed to live in beautiful Foster City. My sister, Rose was just here visiting. She came to visit Ruslan and to help me catch my breath a little. It was a wonderful treat to have her here. I even got to get a massage yesterday. Rose said she enjoyed being in Foster City because she felt like she was staying at a vacation resort. Sometimes it helps to look at your situation from someone else's eyes. It certainly made me appreciate everything I have. Especially, this beautiful little boy.

Since I volunteer in his class a couple days a week, I was able to observe today some of the drawings he has been creating in class. It really struck me, all of them were of me! Today he drew another one of me and him on a bicycle built for two. It was so cute. The teacher had him share it with the class, because she thought it was so cute, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Just wanted you to know that I have enjoyed your blog. My husband and I are waiting to travel right now and are using Lighthouse. Your posts have brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for keeping it updated on how your new family is doing!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home