Journey2Family

A couple's journey through international adoption to becoming a family

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Amazing Grace

We were blessed in a big way this last weekend. Ken was looking at the mail and he held up a strange looking letter and said "what is this?" I walked over to see what he was talking about and started looking at it also. We both stood there in a little shock with the envelope in the air. I started to shake, then I started to cry. I said through my tears that it looked like a letter from the orphanage. What a beautiful envelope, with a winter scene all over it. We tried to make out the address in writing (all in Russian) and could decipher that it was from Yaroslavl Oblast (region). Finally, I said, "Why don't we open it?" Sure enough it was a beautiful letter from our son. He told us that he missed us and wanted us to hurry and come get him. He told us of the plans he was making for celebrating the New Year (obviously it was written around Christmas time). He told us that he loved us and missed us. It was an amazing blessing! Also, included in the letter was a beautiful painting he called it "Winter." It is painted on white paper. We attached a copy to share with you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home