Journey2Family

A couple's journey through international adoption to becoming a family

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Reality Sinking In

Reality is sinking in today. I am going to be a MOM. Yesterday - - still in a little shock. Today seems more real. We made our flight plans this morning and got off our visa documents. We even purchased a one-way airline ticket for Ruslan Cole Rachko. This afternoon, I talked to Dr. Curtis at the Children’s International Clinic in Oakland to make an appointment for him. It is very important to make sure he gets evaluated right away, so that if he needs any special care of any kind we can get going on it up front. It really felt like a mom-ly thing to do, making a doctor appointment for my boy.
I am taking the time right NOW to reflect on just how wonderful this is. It could be easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle in what has to be done; BUT I am savoring every second of this life that I have waited so long for. Is it Thanksgiving? For me it IS! Thank you, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home