Journey2Family

A couple's journey through international adoption to becoming a family

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 05, 2007

An Evening of Blessing

Friday night, February 2nd was such a special evening of blessing from all the women in my life. My female friends hosted an adoption/orphanage shower. To me it was like a mini women's retreat. I was showered not only with gifts, but with love, blessings and advice. Katie, a special friend (and mother of little Noah, who has been instrumental in our journey to family) gave a heartfelt reflection, then opened the floor to everyone else to share about an important woman in their life, or words of wisdom to pass to me. My heart and my being were lifted. I felt enriched with insight and indoctrinated into the kinship of motherhood. The past several months have been very trying, as a result I managed to put a steel cage around my heart to protect myself. It has been hard to open that cage and let myself experience the joy of being so close to the end of this darkness. But this experience with the special women in my life has opened the flood gates of joy. I am so grateful and very humbled by the expressions of love and support. I am especially grateful that my sister-in-law, Laura was able to come all the way from Seattle to represent my mother and sisters. I know that many family and friends were not able to be present physically due to distance and other personal reasons, but I know that the spirit of all was present. Special thanks go to Gail for arranging the celebration and all the logistics and to Katie for a poignant program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home