Journey2Family

A couple's journey through international adoption to becoming a family

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Focus on What’s Ahead

As we are waiting on some documents to come in (the child abuse clearance and our FBI fingerprints), we were notified of one of the documents we already submitted that was rejected. It is our proof of home ownership document. We had it signed/notarized by a realtor, but apparently that was not “official” enough. They want an actual certified copy of our deed and the proof of home ownership letter to be signed by the Tax assessor. I jumped right on it and went to the County offices last week, got the deed OK, but the letter from the assessor is posing a problem. They are discussing it there to see if there is anything they can do to help. It is definitely going to require someone being able to think outside the box. We are not sure yet how this one will play out. Just more bumps on the road.

This road has been long and challenging. There have certainly been many times when we are discouraged. It is at times like these that I have to look to the Source of all for nourishment to help. Recently, I have found some inspiration in a couple passages that I want to share.

The exact day last week that I heard about another one of our documents getting rejected, this passage was in the readings for the day “They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar as with eagles’ wings; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.” (Isaiah 41:31) I could hardly believe it, it was just what I needed to hear. It gave me the energy to zip over the County offices with determination.
Today is the reading about Zechariah. He had been praying for years for a son. He never stopped making his petition to the Lord, even though he had become accustomed to the silence. When the angel appeared to him to tell him that his wife, Elizabeth would conceive in her old age, it is not surprising that he was terrified and responded in disbelief. (Luke 1:5-25) The reflection in the “Word Among Us” (a daily meditations publication) about this passage was most meaningful for me. It talks about how frightening it can be when God does answer our prayers. The gift comes with new challenges that invite us to grow and change. It specifically spoke to how different life will be for new parents. All these new challenges will drive us to depend on God in new and different ways. I want to quote the ending of this meditation, since it perfectly captures my heart today. “The angel reminds us to keep our eyes on the joy set before us, just as Jesus did (Hebrews 12:2). God never gives us a challenge without providing the means to meet it. All we need is patience and trust. Lord, help me to believe that you love me and long to fulfill the desires of my heart. Help me let go of the fear that holds me back from rejoicing as you answer my prayers.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home